Tidelands Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Little River
The Pharmacy Supervisor assumes responsibility for the functioning of the Department in the absence of the Director of Pharmacy. This role participates with other members of the healthcare team in helping patients of all ages achieve positive clinical outcomes. This role performs effectively in the role of a staff pharmacist when required. The Pharmacy Supervisor understands the rules and regulations of pharmacy and supports the adherence to those rules and regulations throughout the department. The Pharmacy Supervisor is a resource to other pharmacy staff members and appropriately resolves or escalates employee concerns.
Job Code: 101411
License or Certification:
- Licensed in good standing by the State Pharmacy Board for the State in which the hospital is located.
- Successful completion of a degree from an accredited pharmacy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- At least 2 years of direct experience with inpatient accreditation and licensure surveys
- At least 2 years of clinical pharmacy experience, not limited to pharmacokinetics, antimicrobial stewardship, pain stewardship, laboratory interpretation, and anticoagulation
- Board certification in pharmacotherapy or geriatrics
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 100 Water Grand Boulevard, Little River 29566
Job ID: 2113968