The Senior Manager, Supply Chain Logistics and Vendor Management is responsible for the logistics, warehousing, resiliency and vendor management strategy for supply chain to support the company’s 140+ inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. The senior manager determines, implements and manages the best practices for warehousing, stocking, logistics, surplus and back order management for supply-related national vendors to optimize hospitals receiving the right product at the right time as cost effectively as possible. The senior manager works closely with the other areas within supply chain, other departments including Finance and Operations, as well as our vendor community to improve operations. This position is responsible for managing central warehouse operations of critical supply reserve, as well as enhancing the supply chain resiliency plan to minimize disruptions to facilities. This position manages vendor relations including supplier score carding and operational reviews.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Works with key suppliers to understand, evaluate and improve their warehouse and inventory operations to meet hospital needs.
- Supports resiliency planning to identify, plan, communicate and mitigate the impact of supply-related disruptions on hospital operations.
- Responsible for vendor management of national suppliers including score carding, on-boarding and off-boarding activities.
- Identifies opportunities to improve stocking through product consolidation, group demand planning and contract requirements.
- Develops supplier operational metrics and reporting to identify and evaluate their ability to meet hospital demand.
- Utilizes reporting to reduce surplus and improve backorder management.
- Manages national warehouse operations with 3PL suppliers to ensure appropriate management of product.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
- Works with co-workers and key members of the hospitals to share issues/information and integrate best practices into daily operations.
License or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, etc. with at least 5 years of supply chain experience OR Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Healthcare Management, or Engineering and at least 3 years of experience.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 2114392