More success for patients and professionals
BE THE CONNECTION at Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at our 110-bed rehabilitation hospital means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Rehabilitation Therapy Technician
Working under the direct supervision of a licensed OTR, PT, or SLP, provide routine direct patient care treatment programs, clerical duties, scheduling and patient transportation activities to support the care of patients and the efficiency of the operation. Collaborate with all members of the healthcare team to provide services to patients.
- Direct patient care treatment programs, such as range of motion and exercise programs, ADLs, ambulation, bed mobility, endurance training, and application of superficial modalities, fabrication of adaptive equipment, carryover of positioning techniques, and carryover of use of assistive devices are carried out in accordance with professional guidelines.
- Patient objective and subjective responses to treatment is observed and accurately recorded. Any changes are immediately reported to appropriate team member.
- Scheduling patients for required therapy and coordinating rescheduling as needed.
- Clerical activities are performed, including recording services rendered to the patient, answering the phone, filing, and data entry to help the patient and facility run efficiently.
- Cleanliness and organization of assigned areas is maintained and routine cleaning of equipment is performed per department guidelines.
- Light housekeeping activities including changing linen, laundry, and other duties are completed to meet established objectives.
- Documentation to support reimbursement is completed within organizational and regulatory guidelines.
- Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or enrolled in Allied Health Program preferred.
- Experience working in inpatient or outpatient physical therapy settings and with medically complex patients preferred.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Job Code: 100027
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2114920
Contact Name - External: Camiel Campbell
Contact Email - External: Camiel.Campbell@encompasshealth.com