The Accounting Assistant I is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of accounting and reconciliation functions within the Cash department to support CBO activity for twenty to fifty hospitals. This position performs a variety of accounting tasks which include compiling and organizing reports such as the variance report from daily banking, assisting with daily adjustments of mass uploads and monitoring the EFT 835 requests for treasury. This position is responsible for assisting the Accounting Assistant II with month end processes. The Accounting Assistant I must have knowledge of cash department functions to provide ongoing training and respond to department questions as needed.
Job Code: 100963
- Benefits start day one
- Introductory training period
- After successful completion of onsite training, a Hybrid work schedule is available (mixture of home and office working) based on business needs. For example, this position must be onsite for a portion of the last few days of every month, to attend periodic trainings, meetings and team building activities as needed.
- All employees must reside within 100-mile radius of our new location at 16680 Balance Cove, Land O’ Lakes, FL 34638.
- Cross-training opportunities available
- Internal growth and advancement
- Available schedules are Monday thru Friday:
- 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
- 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- 9:30 am to 6:00 pm
License or Certification:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business, Accounting, Healthcare, or related field.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, and Excel is required.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- May require knowledge of cash computer systems.
- May require knowledge of computer programs including HealthLogic, Wells Fargo, Merchant Connect, PAS Web, IP Scan, and IP Reports.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 16228 Spring Hill Drive, Brooksville 34604
Job ID: 2115623