Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of North Tampa
Status: Full Time
Extra attention to detail
BE THE CONNECTION.
Your role as a Health Information Management (HIMS) Coder lets you be the connection between dedication to detail and patient outcomes that exceed expectations. Use your passion for rehabilitation to ensure that patients receive care that sets the standard as you provide assistance to patients with compassion and empathy. Enhance the impact of your abilities with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Health Information Management (HIMS) Coder
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Codes diagnoses and procedures as documented in each patient medical record according to ICD-10-CM classification system, and assigns the impairment and CMS 13 group codes
• The position abstracts information from the medical record and enters into PATCOM and UDS Proware and establishes an accurate and comprehensive data base all within the Joint Commission standards, professional and regulatory agency guidelines, UHDDS guidelines and our policies.
• Graduate of accredited Health Information Technology or Administration Program or completion of AHIMA Independent Study Program or completion of advanced coding classes in ICD-10-CM and CPT4 at an accredited college or vocational school preferred.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- RHIA or RHIT or CCS preferred
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Graduate of accredited Health Information Technology or Administration Program or completion of AHIMA Independent Study Program or completion of advanced coding classes in ICD-10-CM and CPT4 at an accredited college or vocational school preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull and retrieve approximately 10 percent of the time.
- Ability to sit 90 percent of the time.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above head to floor level with objects up to ten pounds.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Will be required to meet established attendance standards.
- Will be required to adhere to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 3840 Atmore Grove Road, Lutz 33548
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2115916