The Aviation Maintenance Tech provides scheduled and on-demand maintenance on company aircraft. The position also ensures the aircraft are in airworthy condition prior to flight.
- Provides scheduled and on demand maintenance on company aircraft.
- Networks with co-workers to share best practices.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant license
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Extensive aviation experience
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Assorted maintenance equipment i.e. hydraulic mules, avionics test equipment Physical Requirements:
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Frequent outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to hazardous and volatile materials.
- Will work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Irregular workday and flexibility of schedule is a requirement of position.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2116566