The Senior Vice President of Inpatient Development reports directly to the Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and works closely with the President of Inpatient Hospitals to establish strategies and lead transactions to expand the company¿s network or Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRFs) via de novo and acquisitions opportunities pursued solo or as joint ventures with acute care hospitals. The focus of this position is to analyze and assess market conditions, competitor penetration, and potential partners to identify and prioritize new market opportunities. The SVP of Inpatient Development leads a team of Business Development professionals supported by a dedicated analytical team to drive all aspects of new hospital development from opportunity identification to first patient with an objective of 6-10 units per annum. To accomplish, the SVP of Inpatient Development must coordinate multi-disciplined teams including members from Inpatient Operations, Real Estate, Design and Construction, ITG, Legal, Reimbursement, and Finance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Partners with other key members of executive, operational, and financial management.
- Develops, plans, and ensures financial systems are aligned to meet stakeholder expectations.
- Monitors financial reporting and analysis across operations.
- Reports information back to Senior Management and Joint Venture partners.
License or Certification:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's in Business Administration or relevant graduate degree is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership/managerial position
- Recognized for excellence in executing one's own responsibilities in a large and complex organization.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Ability to motivate a complex sales process through an understanding and articulation of the company¿s value proposition and possess a sales and customer service mindset.
- Ability to participate as an integral part of the senior management team and express views appropriately.
- Ability to identify priorities and drive them to completion.
- Ability to govern a sound organizational structure, mentor managers and to work with new concepts and fix broken ones.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo by encouraging openness to new ideas, strategies, systems and processes.
-Strong operational, negotiating and strategic skills with the ability to understand and define markets, customers and develop plans to grow market share profitability.
- Experience in selling a concept and service versus a product.
- Ability to create a following throughout an organization by communicating a clear and inspiring vision for engaging an entire organization in achieving an overall business strategy.
- Ability to seek input and counsel from a wide constituency, without losing decisiveness or the ability to take action and inspire others to action, as appropriate.
- Ability to establish and manage marketing goals and accountabilities with companies¿ strategic and sales goals and drive them to completion.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity
Job ID: 2116753