RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Prepares written analysis and research on various healthcare issues affecting post-acute care providers, hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers and suppliers, including research of relevant Medicare laws and regulations affecting post-acute care and other healthcare providers.
- Formulates and drafts comment letters on various Proposed Rules and other policy/regulatory processes pertaining to healthcare and other issues affecting the Company.
- Lobbies in the federal executive and legislative branch for legislative, regulatory and policy issues affecting the Company.
- Assists the Company with political activities and strategies.
- Interacts with the Company’s trade association partners and other external stakeholder organizations.
- Gathers and evaluates relevant information to identify underlying relationships and draw sound conclusions. Translates information and data into written form that can be digested and used by other internal or external stakeholders.
Job Code: 101424
License or Certification:
- Master’s/post-graduate degree is required; Juris Doctorate preferred.
- Demonstrated track record in healthcare policy, legislation, and regulatory-related work; familiarity with Medicare laws and regulations, including those pertaining to post-acute care regulations and payment systems preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience in legislative or administrative/regulatory environment or advocacy environment, at the federal or state levels. Experience in federal environment preferred.
- Strong analytical, research and writing skills; demonstrated history and experience with drafting and submitting comment letters on Proposed Rules and other regulatory/policies preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in complex project management in a fast-paced environment.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Job ID: 2116921