The Payroll Specialist performs and creates accurate and timely payment to employees in compliance with regulations and in accordance with our policies and procedures. This is accomplished by reconciling facility and employee level compensation, tax, and benefit information. Will be the primary business partner for assigned facility's Payroll and Human Resource management. They assist in troubleshooting questions regarding all aspects of payroll items.
- Demonstrates commitment to hospitals regarding payroll payment, taxes, deductions and benefit information.
- Performs with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Knows where and how to access current policies and procedures and ensures the policies and procedures are incorporated into daily activities.
- Initiates supervisor review on questionable items including employee pay, taxation, and benefits.
- Works closely with teammates to recognize and report payroll issues to the supervisor.
- Works closely with the hospital employees to deliver timely and accurate information and payments to employees.
- Processes payrolls under the direct guidance of the supervisor.
- Processes general deductions, employee tax setups, garnishments, and time entry.
- Works with corporate payroll representatives on processing issues.
- Processes off-cycle check requests.
- Keys and reconciles payroll.
- Communicates with HR on new hires and checks system for new hire activity.
- Coordinates workflow with supervisor in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Works with corporate payroll on pay designation questions.
- Verifies payroll totals for hospital.
- Monitors and reviews overpayment and collection issues.
- Enters Direct Deposit Information for assigned employees.
- Processes and maintains files on all stop payment and direct deposit information.
- Maintains reporting on payroll wires and direct deposit reversals.
- Answers employee and hospitals questions via phone and email.
- Tracks compliance with timesheet requirements.
- Creates balance adjustments as needed.
- Enters benefit deduction refunds and coordinate mailing.
- Sets up garnishments and answers garnishments that require response.
- Processes modifications to existing garnishments (including releases).
- Corresponds with employees and corporate payroll regarding all garnishment issues.
- Resolves garnishment withholding errors.
Job Code: 100346
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Undergraduate or Associates preferred; some payroll experience or related field
- PeopleSoft experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2117506