Organizational leadership that inspires
Patient outcomes that set the standard
BE THE CONNECTION.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
DIRECTOR OF FOOD AND NUTRITION SERVICES
The Nutrition Services Director plans, directs and coordinates the activities of the Nutrition Service Department for multiple hospitals, departments, and/or maintains the role of Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Service Manager. The position implements and supports policies and procedures to provide administrative direction for cafeteria management, food preparation, distribution, service, budgeting, purchasing, sanitation standards, safety practices, staffing and staffing development and all other areas/departments of direct supervision and management.
In addition, the Director role will provide administrative direction for therapeutic diets and assures that standard of care is met in accordance with all associate regulatory agencies and the administrative policies of the hospital. The Director is responsible for helping to create an environment and culture that enables the department to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
- Registered Dietitian (RD) with the ADA, a Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) or Executive Chef. Current member of the ADA preferred
- Graduate of a Bachelor's degree program in Dietetics, Culinary Arts or related field preferred.
- Ten plus years healthcare food service experience, or 5 plus years of healthcare management experience required.
- Three to five years of healthcare clinical nutrition, or executive chef experience required.
- Must have thorough knowledge of nutrition and dietetics, administration and operation of hospital food services.
- Must have knowledge of all H.A.C.C.P. guidelines.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Code: 100661
Address: 4700 W 69th Street, Sioux Falls 57108
Job ID: 2117739