RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Maintains property and casualty insurance exposure schedules and communicates same to insurance broker(s).
- Obtains and interprets MVR (motor vehicle reports) for all relevant positions to assess for insurability, both prior to employment and thereafter as needed.
- Performs daily maintenance of the event reporting system database (RL system).
- Obtains and distributes certificates of insurance for hospitals and numerous third parties to meet contractual and licensing obligations.
- Obtains and distributes auto liability insurance ID cards for hospitals with company vehicles.
- Manages auto and property claims schedules.
- Reviews and processes credentialing requests.
- Manages surety bond program; is responsible for the procurement, payment, renewal, and cancellation of all bonds.
- Accurately performs billing, data entry, home page intranet and risk management policies & procedures maintenance, and other administrative services as needed.
- Assists Director and other coworkers as needed with special projects.
Job Code: 101427
License or Certification:
- Insurance industry designation(s) and AL state insurance license preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar administrative position.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Job ID: 2117925