In your role as case management director I, you’ll have an extraordinary opportunity to be the connection between confident leadership and exceptional results for the communities we serve. We invite you to maximize your impressive healthcare background, strong management abilities and relationship-building capacity to guide a passionate, talented team that delivers exceptional care essential to a lasting recovery. Make a more meaningful professional impact with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Memphis, a partner with Methodist Healthcare
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Take responsibility for the day-to-day operations and human resource management of the department of case management.
• Focus on census management, patient-care outcomes and other key care indicators.
• Oversee the interdisciplinary plan of care and the discharge-planning process to ensure effectiveness and appropriateness of services.
• Act as a patient and family advocate to ensure that services are delivered to meet the needs of patients and families, as well as appropriate use of resources.
• Provide training and direction to support case managers striving to effectively complete assigned responsibilities.
• Manage caseloads and interpret regulations, policies, operational procedures and objectives.
• Promote and maintain an inclusive, diverse work environment and culture.
• Ensure that cultural diversity and sensitivity training are part of new-employee orientation on an ongoing basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
• Active licensure if required by state of employment essential.
• Current CCM® or ACM certification or acquisition within one year of start date a must.
• For nursing professionals: bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) with RN licensure required.
• For other healthcare professionals: bachelor’s degree or better required, graduate degree preferred.
• Three or more years of hospital-based case-management experience, including utilization review and discharge planning essential.
• Demonstrated leadership skills required.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
Address: 1282 Union Avenue, Memphis 38104
Job ID: 2118547