Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 39 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Health Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what's right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
The Internal Auditor is responsible for executing audits as part of the Company's internal audit and controls program. The Internal Auditor executes audit procedures to assess financial, operational and information technology internal controls to safeguard company resources and ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of operations. The Internal Auditor, in conjunction with Senior Auditors, makes recommendations for improvement of controls and processes to ensure risk management; control and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable company's objectives and goals to be met.
- Identifies and uses techniques to effectively document, evaluate and assess business processes at a basic level.
- Identifies and uses techniques to identify improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes at a basic level.
- Able to draw appropriate conclusions based on analyses performed.
- Adheres to standards as set forth in the Audit Manual.
- Ability to use general and specific knowledge of business and financial concepts and the Company’s business to be effective at a basic level.
- Basic competency in risk and control assessment.
Job Code: 101240
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- 4-year college degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- PC literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook)
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work overtime if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Job ID: 2119492