The Payroll Tax Specialist calculates, reconciles, reports and deposits taxes in accordance with authority regulations and company policies and procedures and ensures compliance with Federal, State and Local requirements.
- Completes tasks to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local taxing authorities.
- Knows where and how to access current policies and procedures and ensures the policies and procedures are incorporated into daily activities.
- Initiates supervisor review on questionable items including employee pay, taxation, and benefits.
- Works closely with teammates to recognize and report operational issues to supervisor.
- Runs and reviews queries and reports to verify withholding.
- Corresponds with Withholding Agencies.
- Evaluates Federal and State laws regarding withholding limits.
- Prepares federal, state, and local payroll tax returns.
- Maintains payroll tax files.
- Assists with W-2 and W-2c processing.
- Researches and resolves any tax inquiry related to assigned accounts.
- Monthly reconciles all employee tax jurisdiction set ups.
- Reconciles and maintains individual spreadsheets for withholding tax and unemployment liabilities.
- Reconciles associated general ledger accounts for federal, state, and local tax liabilities.
Job Code: 100349
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High school diploma, 1-3 years payroll experience
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2119862