As pharmacy director, you’ll have an extraordinary opportunity to be the connection between confident leadership and patient results that set the standard. Maximize your impressive healthcare background, strong management abilities, and relationship-building capacity to guide a passionate, talented team that delivers the exceptional care essential to a lasting recovery. Make a more meaningful, professional impact with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Northern Kentucky
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Take responsibility for the general functions of the department, including employee growth.
• Contribute to the development of hospital policies and programs.
• Collaborate with other members of the healthcare team to help patients of all ages achieve positive clinical outcomes.
• Interpret medication orders, profile them in a computer system and compound/dispense medication preparations in accordance with the legal and professional standards of pharmacy practices.
• Use independent discretion and judgment with respect to supervisory and management decisions/recommendations.
• Promote and maintain an inclusive, diverse work environment and culture.
• Ensure that cultural diversity and sensitivity training are part of new-employee orientation on an ongoing basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
• Licensure in good standing by the appropriate state pharmacy board required.
• Successful completion of a degree from an accredited pharmacy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S.-accredited program by a certifying agency required.
• Two or more years of supervisory experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Address: 201 Medical Village Drive, Edgewood 41017
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2119991