Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health
Worcester, MA 01602
A 110 bed acute physical rehabilitation hospital and the largest of its kind in central Massachusetts.
More personalized patient care
More professional impact
BE THE CONNECTION.
Your role as Nurse Manager will empower you to be the connection between more personal, exceptional care and the positive effect it has on patients. Take this chance to have an impact on each patient in a more profound way during their stay with us. Make the most of your clinical and management skills with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What makes Fairlawn/Encompass Health careers different—and better:
Working at Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
As a Nurse Manager, channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
* Assist in the development of patient care plans and their implementation. Responsible to oversee how patients' needs for nursing care, treatment, and services are assessed, evaluated, and met.
* Implement the plans for providing nursing care, treatment, and services including the types and numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care.
* Be responsible for the supervision of a Night RN Supervisor, 38 staff (24 RNs) on a 35 bed acute rehab unit.
* Implement an effective, ongoing program to measure, assess, and improve nursing care, treatment, and services delivered to patients.
* Assist to resolve patient concerns and management of facilities issues with housekeeping and maintenance staff.
* Promote an environment and culture that enables Encompass Health to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, and motivating staff to improve performance.
* Supervise and coordinating nursing personnel and delivery of nursing care for assigned shift.
* Coordinate administration and clinical activities, both inter and intra-departmentally, so that optimum patient care is provided, staffing is maintained and costs contained.
* Reports to hospital CNO
• Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted) required.
• BLS certification, with ACLS certification to be obtained within one year of hire or position start date required.
• CRRN certification encouraged and supported
• Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field preferred.
• Five or more years of nursing experience, including two in a hospital or other complex medical setting required.
• Previous service in leadership roles, such as charge nurse or supervisor, including responsibility for reporting, issue resolution, setting of direction, and accountability for results required.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job code 100122
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2120340
Contact Name - External: Mark Hutchison
Contact Email - External: Mark.Hutchison@encompasshealth.com