Encompass Rehabilitation Hospital of Vineland, NJ is a Joint Commission Certified 41-bed physical rehabilitation hospital. We admit adults across a wide-array of diagnoses who are recovering from a recent and often significant medical event.
We are a hospital dedicated to acute physical rehab for patient’s just days out of surgery or the IUC having suffered a major and often significant medical event. Our Doctors, nursing staff, pharmacists and therapists work with patients 7 days a week helping them not only recover, but overcome their injury and return home to their lives and families.
Healthy meals prepared with pride and compassion offer comfort and needed nutrition to patients working hard to get better.
We are changing lives every day! Come be a part of the great work that we do!
** We are looking for a Nutrition Services Supervisor- Full time with benefits effective day one of employment! **
Working with our Dietary team the Food Services Department prepares therapeutic and modified diets for patients as well as preparing meals for employees, visitors and special functions.
Previous experience in an institutional cafeteria or restaurant preferred, but not required.
The Nutrition Service Supervisor supports management, planning and coordination of activities of the Nutrition Services Department to provide nutritional services to patients as well as employees and guests. The position implements policies and procedures to support and help administrative direction for cafeteria management, food preparation, distribution, service, purchasing, sanitation standards, safety practices, staffing and staff development. In addition, the Supervisor may assist Dietitian with nutrition assessments if qualified.
The Supervisor is responsible for helping to create an environment and culture that enables the department to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 100232
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) or Registered Dietician required
- Servsafe Ceritification
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Graduate of an associate degree program in food service, preferred. Must have knowledge of nutrition and dietetics, operations of hospital food services and knowledge of all H.A.C.C.P. guidelines preferred.
- Two years healthcare or industrial or hospitality food service experience and preferably in a supervisory role
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, push/pull and retrieve approximately 100% of the time.
- Ability to safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 150 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 300 pounds per cart.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above the head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
Address: 1237 W. Sherman Ave., Vineland 08360
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2120844