Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 39 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Health Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what's right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
The purpose of the Workers’ Compensation Claims Coordinator is to manage assigned claims, help assist with questions regarding departmental policies, assist hospitals with loss prevention programs, assist in educating hospitals on state and federal agency standards and regulations, and prepare assigned reports.
How you will contribute:
- Manages assigned claims for multiple jurisdictions.
- Helps facilitate questions regarding departmental policies.
- Assists hospitals with loss prevention programs.
- Assists in educating hospitals on state and federal agency standards and regulations.
- Prepares assigned reports.
- Maintains the Nonsubscription program.
- Assists in maintaining components of departmental website.
- Keeps updated and current through local newspapers, periodicals, other industry-related materials, associations and the internet.
- Understands and utilizes company resources where appropriate.
- Networks with co-workers to share best practices.
- Understands different depts. and their role in the corporate office.
- Develops strategies and aligns work to achieve goals.
- Completes special projects and other duties as requested to support needs of organization.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- B.S./B.A. preferred.
- Prefer two to three years of Workers’ Compensation experience.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2121098