More one-on-one time
More success for patients and professionals
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Provide physical therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state and federal regulations and professional guidelines.
• Delegate tasks and supervise physical therapist assistants.
• Maintain open and ongoing communication with clinic employees to ensure that patient, staff and clinic needs are met.
• Help patients to regain control of their lives and their independence.
• Create an environment and a culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
• Current state licensure or certification on or before the first day of employment required.
• CPR certification required.
• Successful completion of a degree from an accredited bachelor’s or master’s program, plus sufficient experience in the field essential.
• Demonstrated competence in physical therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
• Effective communication skills for working with patients, families and caregivers required.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona (formerly HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona) is an 80-bed acute rehabilitation hospital that provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. We offer a wide base of physical rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary, cardiac rehabilitation needs and more.
We have the second largest outpatient program for Encompass Health in Pennsylvania. We have outpatient clinics in Altoona, Duncansville, Tyrone and Bedford. Our clinics provide physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy in a team-based environment.
Our inpatient hospital has a full complement of therapists, nurses, behavioral health providers and medical staff to offer the best possible outcomes for our patients. With an average length of stay of approximately 2 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families.
We are proud of the fact that approximately 80% of the inpatients admitted to Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona are discharged directly to their homes, many of which return for outpatient services to one of our clinics.
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- everyday. Maybe you can too!
Six JCAHO disease specific certification: Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, Brain Injury, Cardiac and Ortho Rehab, Advanced Diabetes.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at www.encompasshealth.com/altoonarehab
Address: 2005 Valley View Blvd., Altoona 16602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2121509
Contact Name - External: Christine Filer
Contact Email - External: Christine.Filer@encompasshealth.com