Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie
Do you want to do something meaningful in your career? Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie is part of one of the Nation’s largest providers of Rehabilitation Services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. Our modern 90,000 square-foot inpatient rehabilitation hospital is situated on the coast of Lake Erie and offers comprehensive nursing care and extensive inpatient therapy serving the tri-state areas of northwestern Pennsylvania, northeastern Ohio, and western New York. We currently are recognized by the Joint Commission for four Specialty Disease-Specific Certifications in Stroke, Brain Injury, Orthopedics, and Parkinson’s Disease.
During the past 25 years, through the success of our unique rehabilitation programs, we've upheld our reputation as a national leader in rehab. Maintaining our leadership role in rehab takes more than just quality care and good programs, it takes a dedicated staff that is committed to each patient achieving the highest possible outcome with the eventual goal of returning home.
The Wound Care Coordinator directs, organizes, and develops all wound care services in accordance with applicable federal, state, regulatory, and company standards to ensure the delivery of quality patient care is rendered at all times, and that the Plan of Care and physician orders are followed with regard to wound care treatments. This position functions independently, demonstrates above average communication skills, personal integrity, and works effectively with patients, family members, physicians, staff, and outside agencies as required. The position leads hospital wound education efforts, as well as educates patients and family members on wounds and wound care topics. While this position does not specifically supervise clinical staff, as the leader of the wound care program in the hospital this person does direct clinical team on wound care treatment. This position requires continuous updating of education and treatment techniques in the delivery of wound care.
You will be part of an industry leading hospital that provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and Encompass Health therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care. Our guiding principles are comfort, professionalism and respect extending to our patients and each other.
If this sounds like something that you would want to become part of, we welcome your application.
Job Code: 100139
License or Certification:
- RN, Physical Therapist, or Occupational Therapist required for acute rehab hospitals
- RN required for long term acute care hospitals
- CPR certification required
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Continuous updating of wound care knowledge through seminars and professional organizations is required
- Minimum One Year experience in wound care
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes participating in patient mobility activities.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 143 East Second Street, Erie 16507
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2121821