Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 39 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Health Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what is right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
The IT Project Manager is a management level position responsible for the day to day management of projects. The Project Manager position is responsible for the on-schedule, on-budget execution of multiple, complex IT projects. The position is required to work or engage cross-functional departments and clients, according to current requirements, and to accomplish the above tasks. This position is responsible for managing projects working with end users to gather requirements, developing project budgets and cost estimations, determining project schedules, managing to deadlines, directing the design and development phases, and providing status updates and reports. Project Managers may be assigned to multiple projects and should have a broad IT Skill set. This position is further responsible for providing meaningful and reasonable goals and direction, delegating work effectively and efficiently among the project team, and providing technical expertise to team members.
RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
- Leads requirements gathering and end user interviews.
- Develops project budgets and cost estimation.
- Determines project schedules.
- Directs the design and development phases.
- Provides status updates and reports.
- Coordinates multiple aspects of project delivery.
- Keeps updated and current through local newspapers, industry-related materials and associations.
- Understands and utilizes the company resource structure.
- Develops strategies and aligns work to achieve goals.
- Provides meaningful and reasonable goals and direction.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
License or Certification:
- Valid state driver’s license
- Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI) highly recommended
- Undergraduate degree required
- Minimum 3 years of Project Management experience required.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- Experience in and/or familiarity with:
- Project Management Body Of Knowledge (PMBOK) Methodology and approach
- Strong Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Skills
- Software development life cycle
- Project budgeting and estimation
- Project planning and scheduling
- Resource optimization
- Testing methodologies
- Various programming languages and frameworks
- Software development best practices
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance:
- Privacy and Security
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
- Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Job ID: 2122727