Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital- An affiliate of Encompass Health
Do you want to do something meaningful in your career?
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital in Worcester, MA is a 110 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
The Accounting Assistant verifies that reports and other projects are completed in accordance with our policies and procedures.
Job Code: 100627
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Associates Degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Accounting, or equivalent experience, preferred.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Excel preferred.
Machines, Equipment, Systems Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, computer.
- Patient accounting system software.
- Electronic medical record (EMR).
- API Time and Attendance Staffing and Scheduling software.
Skills and Ability:
- Familiarity with healthcare billing codes (CPT) a plus.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Team player: collaborates effectively with all departments.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- Review patient accounting system reports to confirm accurate data entry to patient bills.
- Data entry of charges not included in automated upload to patient accounting system.
- Receive daily patient outside service logs from the nurse’s station and ensure proper accruals are recorded when appropriate.
- Work closely with offsite central billing office (CBO) to assist with collection issues/prepare for monthly conference calls with the CBO.
- Reconcile charges generated by EMR to the charges received in our patient accounting system.
- Reconcile cash deposits and scan deposit support to electronic document storage system.
- Reconcile vendor invoices received for certain outsourced services.
- Monitor employee time and attendance system to ensure timecards have manager approval prior to transmitting hours to home office payroll department.
- Provide customer service to employees with payroll questions/concerns.
- Meet pertinent deadlines on the month end close calendar.
- Provide AP support when Accounts Payable Specialist is absent.
- Maintenance of daily and monthly statistical spreadsheets.
- Annually, provide budget planning support to manager.
- Potential for other projects as assigned by manager.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2122810