Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 39 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Health Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what is right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
The Tax Accountant is responsible for assisting with the Tax Department’s overall effort to meet the Company’s income and franchise tax compliance responsibilities. This position is responsible for preparing various portions of the federal and state income and franchise tax compliance for a number of entities within the Corporation consolidated group, a portion of annual partnership income tax compliance, a portion of analysis done to support financial reporting on income taxes for the Company’s annual Form 10-K filing, as well as other tasks as assigned.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Prepares and files federal and state corporate income tax returns.
- Prepares and files federal and state partnership returns.
- Prepares financial reporting calculations and disclosures.
- Prepares and timely completes within budget other tax projects as assigned.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
License or Certification:
- CPA preferred.
- Other professional certifications are a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or some related field is required.
- Minimum of 1 year of tax experience, or a Masters in Accountancy or Tax degree, or 1 year of experience in the Accounting Department required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer required.
- Experience working with tax software applications (e.g., Thomson Workflow/FastTax, TaxStream, etc.) preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2122856