Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 39 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Health Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what is right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
The Human Resources Coordinator provides project assistance, coordination, management and/or oversight as needed for various special projects or tasks within the Human Resources department. This position is primarily focused on transactional project needs, as opposed to strategic human resources functions. The Human Resources Coordinator must have very strong organizational skills, the ability to maintain employee confidential information, the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and strong computer skills among other skills/abilities noted below.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Serves as a resource to the Employee Relations team
- Assists with researching HR matters.
- Assists with special HR projects or tasks. Coordinates special projects as assigned.
- Assists with data compilation and analysis for various projects.
- Monitors, coordinates and manages multiple projects in respect to content and timelines.
- Develops strategies and aligns work to achieve goals.
- Prepares reports detailing project progress and results/recommendations.
- Supports the recruiting team through work on social media.
- Handles collections administration.
- Assists with facilitation of training at the corporate office as needed.
- Handles I-9 and e-Verify questions.
- Manages the RN Retention/Turnover Project/Process.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
Job Code: 101008
License or Certification:
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SPHR certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Personnel Administration, Hospital Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred. Experience may substitute for four year degree on a year for year basis.
- One to three years of Human Resources experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Computer knowledge in Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Job ID: 2123327