The Learning and Development Specialist, Senior is responsible for managing the creation, curation, and continuous improvement of learning and development content based on the learning and development strategy for the company. This role focuses design and delivery of leadership of the leadership and development programs, particularly at the team lead, supervisor/manager/hospital director level within the field and/or home office. This role is responsible for at least 2-3 learning and development program end-to-end needs analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation. This role partners with the L&D Project Manager to conduct gap analysis, and participates in the delivery of flagship L&D programs. The person in this role possesses strong analytical and strategic thinking to deliver complex learning and development programs that drive company goals.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Provides technical support including LMS, SharePoint, data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Liaises for vendor products/services, holding vendors accountable for commitments and obligations.
- Drives projects to implementation, evaluation, and sustainability on time and within budget.
- Accomplishes goals quality and quantity work in a timely manner.
- Builds networks/partnerships; influences stakeholders; and demonstrates emotional intelligence.
- Collaborates to integrate, coordinate, communicate, and implement plans that meet business needs.
- Understands, provides explanation, and continuously builds knowledge of OD.
- Demonstrates the flexibility to flow to work as needed.
- Is responsible for reporting the measured results of initiatives.
- Provides input into the budget.
License or Certification:
- CPLP, PMP, and/or SPHR preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, I/O Psychology, Instructional Design, or other field; Master’s preferred
- At least 3 years of learning program/project management
- Experience in healthcare preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, organization, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and projects successfully.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to lead projects.
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment and work with persons at all levels of the company.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Job ID: 2123714