Job Code: 100072
License or Certification:
- Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics) as a DTR (Dietetic Technician, Registered)/NDTR (Nutrition and Dietetics Technician, Registered).
- Food Handler/Safety permit as required by local regulations.
- Associate’s degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum one year experience as a Diet Tech preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local, JCAHO and other applicable regulations
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 100 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 200 pounds per cart.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
- Wet surfaces, sharp objects and high noise levels possible.
- Hot and cold temperatures extremes.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 320 Guys Run Road, Pittsburgh 15238-0460
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2123905