Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Colorado Springs is looking for a Rehab Therapy Technician (PRN).
No guaranteed hours or schedule. Needs include weekday and weekend shifts, typically 8 hours. Mandatory hospital orientation typically runs the first week of the month, and goes Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday roughly 8a-5p. Department orientation and training typically occurs during the week as well.
PRN rate is $13.50/hr
The Rehabilitation Technician I assists rehabilitation nurses and therapists with rehabilitation treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position: - Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, and caregivers. - Requires competency in assisting with delegated rehabilitation treatment and patient care. - Performs tasks as delegated by and supervised by rehabilitation nurses and therapists. - Maintains open and an on-going communication with coworkers and supervisors. The Rehabilitation Technician I supports an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by helping to provide patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
To learn more about us and apply, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
License or Certification:
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 325 Parkside Dr., Colorado Springs 80910
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2124186