Encompass Rehabilitation Hospital of Vineland, NJ is a Joint Commission Certified 41-bed physical rehabilitation hospital. We admit adults across a wide-array of diagnoses who are recovering from a recent and often significant medical event.
We are a hospital dedicated to acute physical rehab for patient’s just days out of surgery or the IUC having suffered a major and often significant medical event. Our Doctors, nursing staff, pharmacists and therapists work with patients 7 days a week helping them not only recover, but overcome their injury and return home to their lives and families.
Healthy meals prepared with pride and compassion offer comfort and needed nutrition to patients working hard to get better.
We are changing lives every day! Come be a part of the great work that we do!
Our hospitals provide breakfast, lunch and dinner to patients and the general public visiting family members at our hospitals.
The Kitchen Assistant assists in preparing therapeutic and modified diets for patients as well as preparing meals for employees, visitors and special functions.
The Kitchen Assistant assists in maintaining inventory, service ware and sanitary conditions within the department.
Job code: 100465
License or Certification:
- Food handlers permit (if required by state or county regulations)
- Training in food preparation for therapeutic diets, recent institutional cooking experience and special function cooking experience desirable.
- Knowledge of food safety guidelines preferred
- Previous experience in a cafeteria, restaurant preferred, but not required.
General office equipment, mixer, ovens, steamer, microwave, toaster, blender, steam tables, fryer, food processor, scales, dish washer
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and retrieve approximately 100% of the time.
- Ability to safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 150 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 300 pounds per cart.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above the head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
Address: 1237 W. Sherman Ave., Vineland 08360
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2124435