The Nutrition Services Director plans, directs and coordinates the activities of the Nutrition Service Department for multiple hospitals, departments, and/or maintains the role of Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Service Manager. The position implements and supports policies and procedures to provide administrative direction for cafeteria management, food preparation, distribution, service, budgeting, purchasing, sanitation standards, safety practices, staffing and staffing development and all other areas/departments of direct supervision and management. In addition, the Director role will provide administrative direction for therapeutic diets and assures that standard of care is met in accordance with all associate regulatory agencies and the administrative policies of the hospital. The Director is responsible for helping to create an environment and culture that enables the department to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 100661
License or Certification:
- Registered Dietitian (RD) with the ADA, a Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) or Executive Chef. Current member of the ADA preferred
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Graduate of a Bachelor's degree program in Dietetics, Culinary Arts or related field preferred.
- Ten plus years healthcare food service experience, or 5 plus years of healthcare management experience required.
- Three to five years of healthcare clinical nutrition, or executive chef experience required.
- Must have thorough knowledge of nutrition and dietetics, administration and operation of hospital food services.
- Must have knowledge of all H.A.C.C.P. guidelines.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, push and retrieve approximately 100% of the time
- Ability to safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 150 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 300 pounds per cart.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above the head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 107 Governors Drive, Huntsville 35801
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2124613
Contact Name - External: Leslie Butler
Contact Email - External: Leslie.Butler@encompasshealth.com