Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie
Do you want to do something meaningful in your career? Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie is part of one of the Nation’s largest providers of Rehabilitation Services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. Our modern 90,000 square-foot inpatient rehabilitation hospital is situated on the coast of Lake Erie and offers comprehensive nursing care and extensive inpatient therapy serving the tri-state areas of northwestern Pennsylvania, northeastern Ohio, and western New York. We currently are recognized by the Joint Commission for four Specialty Disease-Specific Certifications in Stroke, Brain Injury, Orthopedics, and Parkinson’s Disease.
During the past 25 years, through the success of our unique rehabilitation programs, we've upheld our reputation as a national leader in rehab. Maintaining our leadership role in rehab takes more than just quality care and good programs, it takes a dedicated staff that is committed to each patient achieving the highest possible outcome with the eventual goal of returning home.
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie is seeking a full-time Cook (primarily second shift: 11:00 am-7:30 pm, rotating weekends and holidays). *New starting rate at $14.00 per hour! $2,500 sign-on bonus!*
The Cook is responsible for preparing therapeutic and modified diets for patients as well as preparing meals for employees and special events. This includes following menus, recipes, and oral instructions in the preparation of various foods for the serving line. The Cook assists in maintaining inventory and sanitary conditions within the department. You will be part of an industry leading hospital that provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and Encompass Health therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care. Our guiding principles are comfort, professionalism and respect extending to our patients and each other.
If this sounds like something that you would want to become part of, we welcome your application.
License or Certification:
- Food handlers permit (if required by state or county regulations)
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Training in food preparation for therapeutic diets, recent institutional cooking experience and special function cooking experience desirable.
- Knowledge of all A.A.C.C.P. guidelines, preferred.
- Knowledge of food safety guidelines, preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment, convection oven, mixer, steamer, gas range, grill, oven, microwave, toaster, blender, steam tables, fryer, food processor, scales, meat slicer
- Ability to sit, stand for long periods, reach, push, pull and lift minimum of 20 pounds, stoop and kneel
- Ability to grasp and use fine finger movement, feel fine sensation to discern temperate and texture.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in both writing and verbal arenas as well as via email.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to ensure sanitation of department
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Wet surfaces and sharp objects and high noise levels possible
- Hot and cold temperatures extremes
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e. before, during or after a disaster.
- Regular attendance and reporting on time to work is a requirement of position.
Job Code: 100069
Address: 143 East Second Street, Erie 16507
Job ID: 2124796