Encompass Rehabilitation Hospital of Vineland, NJ is a Joint Commission Certified 41-bed physical rehabilitation hospital. We admit adults across a wide-array of diagnoses who are recovering from a recent and often significant medical event.
We are a hospital dedicated to acute physical rehab for patient’s just days out of surgery or the IUC having suffered a major and often significant medical event. Our Doctors, nursing staff, pharmacists and therapists work with patients 7 days a week helping them not only recover, but overcome their injury and return home to their lives and families.
We are changing lives every day! Come be a part of the great work that we do!
In your role as an Enrichment Therapist, you’ll be providing enrichment counseling according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. This position creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
• Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, and caregivers and for departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
• Requires competency in enrichment evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment in area of specialty.
• Develops hospital enrichment activities.
• Trains hospital support staff in providing enrichment activities to patients.
• Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
License or Certification:
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
- Therapeutic Recreation certification required.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successfully completed a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited program in therapeutic recreation, music therapy, art therapy, spiritual therapy, vocational or any other enrichment program.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Address: 1237 W. Sherman Ave., Vineland 08360
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2125741