Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls, NJ, a joint venture with Monmouth Medical Center
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls, NJ is a 60 bed acute physical rehabilitation hospital located on the eastern shore of NJ. We are a specialty hospital dedicated to helping people recover from a recent and significant medical event.
We are proud of our Joint Commission Gold Seals of Approval for Stroke, Brain Injury, Cardiac, Parkinson’s, and Pulmonary Rehabilitation!
Admitting most patient’s just days out of surgery or the ICU and with an average 1-3 week length of stay, we help individuals quickly recover from a significant medical event and return home to their lives and their families!
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- every day. Maybe you can too!
Our 60 bed acute physical rehabilitation hospital offers the following inpatient specialty programs:
- Amputee Rehabilitation Program
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Program
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Burns Rehabilitation Program
- Multiple Trauma Rehabilitation Program
- Neuro-rehabilitation Program
- Orthopedics Rehabilitation Program
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Stroke Rehabilitation Program
** $5,000 Sign-on Bonus! **
The Case Manager coordinates and advocates for the patient during their hospitalization, from admission to post discharge planning. Caseloads are typically 12-15 at a time. They are a key point of communication across multiple disciplines and to the patient and family.
The Case Manager oversees the effective coordination of services and manages issues in the following main areas: admission and discharge planning, team conference and interdisciplinary plan of care communication, manages information to effectively oversee health care delivery and facilitate interdisciplinary plan of care decisions, patient and family education, payor relations and total fiscal management.
The Case Manager performs ongoing utilization review and acts as a liaison to the payor while assuring that cost effective treatment is provided by the team. The case manager assures that regulations regarding patient's rights are fulfilled.
The Case Manager facilitates timely communication regarding the patient's care, establishes and monitors the discharge plan implementation while identifying and addressing patient's psychosocial and support systems issues.
Additional but important aspects of the Case Manager position include: collaborating with senior leadership regarding patient flow, census management, patient care outcomes and financial performance indicators.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes DAY ONE medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more all effective day one of employment.
Job code: 100679
License and Certification:
- Must be qualified to independently complete an assessment within the scope of practice of his/her discipline RN or CSW
- If licensure is required for his/her discipline within his/her state, individual must hold an active license.
- Current CCM® or ACM certification required.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- For Nursing, must possess minimum of an Associate Degree in Nursing, RN licensure with BSN preferred. A diploma is acceptable only in those states whose minimum requirement for licensure or certification is diploma rather than Associate Degree.
- For all other eligible licensed or certified health care professionals, must possess a minimum of a baccalaureate degree and graduate degree is preferred.
- 2 years of rehabilitation experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 2 Centre Plaza, Tinton Falls 07724
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2125747