Encompass Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls, NJ is a Joint Commission Certified 60-bed physical rehabilitation hospital. We admit adults across a wide-array of diagnoses who are recovering from a recent and often significant medical event. We are certified in stroke rehabilitation, brain injury rehabilitation, Parkinson’s disease rehabilitation, hip fracture rehabilitation, cardiac rehabilitation, and pulmonary rehabilitation.
We are a hospital dedicated to acute physical rehab for patient’s just days out of surgery or the IUC having suffered a major and often significant medical event. Our Doctors, nursing staff, pharmacists and therapists work with patients 7 days a week helping them not only recover, but overcome their injury and return home to their lives and families.
Our patients are often struggling to overcome a life changing disability- a well prepared meal, served with pride provides much needed comfort and nutrition! You could work anywhere; why not make your work meaningful!
We are changing lives every day! Come be a part of the great work that we do!
Working with our Dietary team the Food Services Department prepares therapeutic and modified diets for patients as well as preparing meals for employees, visitors and special functions.
The Kitchen Assistant will maintain inventory, service ware, and sanitary conditions within the Food Services Department. This position will provide the highest quality of service to patients, visitors, and employees at all times.
This position will also assist with the preparation and serving of meals and maintaining sanitary conditions as regulated by the state in the kitchen and dining area. The Kitchen Assistant will ensure diners have all the items they need to enjoy their meal, and help facilitate an efficient dining environment. Specific tasks include cleaning tables, ensuring tables have napkins, having all serving utensils, cups, condiments, and plates are stocked.
Job Code: 100081
License or Certification:
Training in food preparation for therapeutic diets, recent institutional cooking experience and special function cooking experience desirable. Knowledge of food safety guidelines preferred
- General office equipment, mixer, ovens, steamer, microwave, toaster, blender, steam tables, fryer, food processor, scales, dish washer
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and retrieve approximately 100% of the time.
- Ability to safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 150 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 300 pounds per cart.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above the head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
- Adheres to the company’s Standards of Business Conduct
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- Wet surfaces and sharp objects and high noise levels possible
- Hot and cold temperatures extremes
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 2 Centre Plaza, Tinton Falls 07724
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2125753