As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
The Organizational Effectiveness Specialist is responsible for collaborating with leaders, particularly RHRVPs and HRDs, on the deploying programs, tools, and processes that support enhance team effectiveness, employee engagement, improved performance, and culture. This position supports the development of high performing and cohesive teams by designing and facilitating team strategy sessions and implementing plans to help teams gain alignment on purpose, objectives, and operating norms. The Specialist utilizes a systems thinking approach to diagnose organizational needs and performance gaps with stakeholders to implement appropriate talent management and/or learning solutions. This role supports and ensures deployment of program, tools, and processes, including, but not limited to, talent assessment, talent calibrations, employee engagement action planning, and succession planning. This role provides feedback to the HR Strategy & OD team related to adoption of programs within the field and home office, and also gives guidance and consultation on learning and development programs and processes. This role leads change management processes and supports the execution of the Employee Engagement Survey.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Provides technical support including LMS, SharePoint, data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Liaises for vendor products/services, holding vendors accountable for commitments and obligations.
- Drives projects to implementation, evaluation, and sustainability on time and within budget. Accomplishes goals quality and quantity work in a timely manner.
- Builds networks/partnerships; influences stakeholders; and demonstrates emotional intelligence.
- Collaborates to integrate, coordinate, communicate, and implement plans that meet business needs.
- Understands, provides explanation, and continuously builds knowledge of OD.
- Demonstrates the flexibility to flow to work as needed.
- Is responsible for reporting the measured results of initiatives.
- Provides input into the budget.
- May be required to travel to assist hospitals with training, HR programs, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, I/O Psychology, Instructional Design, or other field; Master’s preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in organizational development, change management, or human resources consulting. Specific experience with executing the design, build, and report of an employee engagement survey. Served as a change management consultant to senior executives.
- Experience with talent assessment and advanced psychometric assessment tools, such as, MBTI, Birkman, DiSC, etc. preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, organization, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and projects successfully.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to lead projects.
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment and work with persons at all levels of the company.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- May be required to travel.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Job ID: 2125844