As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
The Non-income Tax Accountant is responsible for assisting with the Tax Department's overall effort to meet the Company's non-income tax compliance responsibilities. This position is responsible for performing a variety of recurring and non-recurring tax functions including tax return preparation and preparation of related compliance filings and supporting documentation. This position is responsible for State and Local Sales, Use, Business License and Property Tax compliance while ensuring that all data necessary to prepare the tax returns is complete and accurate. Other responsibilities may include preparing and filing applications for new registrations and licenses, creating and processing check requests for tax returns and other compliance filings as well as assisting with state and local audits including gathering and organizing supporting information. Professional demeanor and excellent communication skills are required as is the ability to effectively solve problems and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team while prioritizing work and resources.
License or Certification:
- CMI designation preferred, but not required.
- Other professional certifications are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or law degree required.
- Minimum of 1 year of tax experience, or a Masters in Accountancy or Tax degree, or 1 year of experience in a corporate accounting department required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer required.
- Experience working with tax software applications (e.g., Thomson Workflow/FastTax, TaxStream, Vertex, etc.) preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Job ID: 2126225