More personalized patient care
More professional impact
BE THE CONNECTION.
In your role as Hemodialysis Coordinator, you’ll be the connection between more personal, exceptional care and the positive effect it has on patients. Take this chance to have an impact on each patient in a more profound way during their stay with us. Make the most of your clinical and management skills with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What makes Encompass Health careers different—and better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV
Full-Time, Day Shift, Hemodialysis Coordinator
The Hemodialysis Coordinator is responsible for:
- Directing, organizing and developing all hemodialysis services
- Supervising care, treatment and services of patient care provided by other dialysis staff
- Assessing and reassessing patients
- Communicating appropriate information with the interdisciplinary team
- Reporting patient concerns and changes in condition to supervisor and/or physician in a timely manner
Job Code: 101431
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensures appropriate to state regulations
- CPR certification
- ACLS within 1 year of hire
- CRRN certification preferred
- One year of experience in inpatient hospital setting preferred
- One year of dialysis nursing experience preferred
- Inpatient rehabilitation experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Tablo dialysis machine
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 1250 S. Valley View Blvd., Las Vegas 89102
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2126464