Tremendous professional abilities
Truly meaningful results
BE THE CONNECTION.
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Vineland, NJ
1237 W Sherman Avenue
Vineland, NJ 08360
Encompass Health is the nation’s largest system of rehabilitation hospitals, helping patients regain independence after a life-changing illness or injury. With a national footprint that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico, Encompass Health offers facility-based and home-based patient care through our network of rehabilitation hospitals and home health and hospice locations.
Our approach to post-acute care sets Encompass Health apart as the trusted choice for patients and medical professionals. Every success starts with our dedicated team, which is why we make sure they are empowered with the tools they need to help our patients get back to what matters most. Innovative technologies, advanced therapies, customized treatment plans, coordinated care teams – these are all part of our promise to deliver high-quality care.
Encompass Health is ranked as one of the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021, as well as Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare.”
Director Quality & Risk
The Quality/Risk Director is responsible for helping to create an environment and culture that enables the facility to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, facilitating staff accountability for their performance, and motivating staff to improve their performance.
The Director manages, directs, and plans all aspects of Quality and Risk Management. The Director is responsible for a hospital -wide quality management program and works with hospital administration, departments, and the medical staff to monitor and evaluate the quality of delivery of patient care services within the hospital. The Director will have access to all medical records for the facility. The Director also ensures proper compliance with regulatory agencies, accrediting bodies, corporate and hospital policies and procedures and works to develop, implement, and maintain quality assessment and improvement programs within the facility.
This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 100141
License or Certification: - Licensed or Certified according to individual state requirement
Education, Training and Years of Experience: - Bachelors degree in healthcare or related field preferred
Quality and/or Risk Management experience including primary responsibility for performance improvement activities, regulatory compliance, conflict resolution, leadership and risk management activities
Machines, Equipment Used: General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity.
Address: 1237 W. Sherman Ave., Vineland 08360
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2126644
Contact Name - External: Paula Driggers
Contact Email - External: Paula.Driggers@Encompasshealth.com