As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for leading audits underlying the company’s internal audit and controls program. The Senior Internal Auditor executes audit procedures to assess financial, operational, and information technology internal controls to safeguard company resources and ensures the effectiveness and efficiency of operations. The Senior Internal Auditor makes recommendations for improvement of controls and processes to ensure risk management, control governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable Encompass Health’s objectives and goals are met.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Independently finds/uses techniques to document, evaluate, and assess routine business processes.
- Independently finds/uses techniques to identify improvements in routine business processes.
- Designs and applies sampling techniques in routine situations; recognizes the need for CAATs.
- Independently draws appropriate conclusions based on routine analyses performed.
- Adheres to standards as set forth in the Audit Manual.
- Uses knowledge of business/financial concepts and company to be effective in routine situations.
- Independently competent in risk and control assessment for routine situations.
License or Certification:
- Certification (CPA, CIA, CISA) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in Internal Audit related field
- Working knowledge of auditing techniques and standards
- Understanding of the risk and controls associated with business processes and ability to identify those risk and controls
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel, email)
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Job ID: 2126815