Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Nittany Valley
We are seeking a highly motivated, dedicated person to join our Housekeeping staff as an Environmental Services Aide. In this position, you will support the entire hospital, with attention to detail, a positive outlook, and a desire to be part of our patients’ journey back to independence.
Housekeeper responsibilities include:
- Performs routine and isolation cleaning procedures according to infection control standards. ― Cleans and empties waste receptacles according to infection control standards.
- Understands and institutes standards for cleanliness and sanitation.
- Uses chemicals properly in accordance with manufacturer’s labels.
- Maintains and monitors equipment and supplies; stores all supplies in proper areas.
- Collaborates with Nursing and Admissions and insures patient rooms are ready for patient arrivals.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred. Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- High duster, vacuum, mop, spray bottles, floor polisher, linen carts, trash carts.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
- Benefits that begin when you do.
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 37 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
License or Certification: - N/A Education, Training and Years of Experience: - High School diploma or GED preferred - Previous housekeeping experience preferred Machines, Equipment Used: - High duster, vacuum, mop, spray bottles, floor polisher, linen carts, trash carts - General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer. Physical Requirements: - Good visual acuity and ability to communicate. - Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a regular basis and ability to push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes lifting, pushing and/or pulling equipment, supplies and tools. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting pushing and/or pulling are undertaken that exceeds these minimum requirements - Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking. - Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel and crouch. Compliance: - Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct. - Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable. Skills and Abilities: - Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively. - Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner. - Ability to work independently without supervision. Environmental Conditions: - Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure. - Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required. - Exposure to cleaning solvents & chemicals - Handicapped accessible. - May work under stressful circumstances at times. Proficiency or Productivity Standards: - Meets established attendance standards. - Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge. - May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines. - May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts. - Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster. - May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives. - May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 550 West College Avenue, Pleasant Gap 16823-8808
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2127457