As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
The Corporate Communications Manager provides a broad range of skills to support the company’s strategic priorities and Marketing Services objectives. This position collaborates with executive leadership and various corporate departments on development and implementation of companywide and targeted communication plans that drive employees’ understanding of the company’s priorities and key initiatives, and engages and aligns employees with the company’s purpose, values and business strategy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Under the direction of the associate director of corporate communications, writes and edits materials for internal communications. ― Drafts regular messaging for the President & CEO and other members of the executive leadership team.
- Produces content for internal communications channels.
- Develops materials that are informed, accurate, compelling, timely and consistent with the Encompass Health brand.
- Supports Marketing Services internal thought leadership objectives.
- Builds relationships with corporate departments to execute strategic development, delivery and measurement of company messaging (e.g., strategic initiatives, new innovations, annual trainings, etc.).
- Organizes, edits and distributes departmental newsletters, aligning them with brand voice and broader strategic goals.
- Manages employee recognition campaigns, including coordination of materials and communications through timely collaboration with other Marketing Services team members and corporate departmental contacts.
- Supports the employee app by content creation, access troubleshooting and encouraging adoption.
- Writes and edits content for various communications channels as needed (e.g., company intranet, email, newsletters, blog).
- Builds an in-depth knowledge of all internal channel platforms (e.g., company intranet, employee app, email distribution tool, digital signage, etc.).
- Supports other Marketing Services projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus.
- Seven - 10 years successful experience as a writer/editor preferred.
- Experience working with organizational leadership (healthcare experience preferred).
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly around organizational changes.
- Ability to communicate sensitively around issues of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of colleagues across the organization
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Job ID: 2127467