As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
The Associate Director of Public Relations provides a broad range of skills to support the Company’s strategic priorities and Marketing Services objectives. The position provides media relations oversight, public relations management, and crisis and communication management. This position is responsible for overall reputation management including development of earned media programs and stakeholder communication to position and promote the company. The associate director is responsible for leading and directing a public relations manager and reports to the national director of marketing communications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Coordinates and manages all national press releases, media briefings and external public relations activities.
- Leads the senior manager of public relations. Secures local hospital patient success stories and other local stories of recognition.
- Develops and implements external communications plans that increases brand awareness and elevates the brand through various events, engagements, interviews, op-eds and other public facing opportunities.
- Develops and deploys tactical external media and public relations communication plans over the short- and long-term, including target stakeholders, key messages, timing and distribution. Ensures these plans are aligned with appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Fields incoming media inquiries, including monitoring of media hotline.
- Cultivates strong relationships with national and trade media.
- Manages public relations agencies to generate national media coverage and thought leadership positioning.
- Facilitates executive speaking opportunities and thought leadership programs.
- Evaluates and implements tools to determine the ROl and effectiveness of public relations programs.
- Supports development team with new hospital project external messaging.
- Partners with internal communications team to develop messages consistent across internal and external audiences.
- Implements crisis communications plans for the corporation and hospital locations as they arise, in addition to maintaining the Company’s broad crisis communication plan.
- A minimum of 10 years of senior public relations management experience, preferably in a corporate environment
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field required
- Master’s Degree in marketing, public Relations, business administration, or related field preferred
- Demonstrated success working with PR firms and other PR-related vendors
- Proven success at leveraging digital as well as traditional media
- Team-building skills and ability to manage and motivate staff
- Complete command of the art and science of public relations
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Job ID: 2127481