The Purchasing Coordinator performs a variety of duties associated with purchasing and supply management. This position is responsible for receiving and processing all hospital and/or departmental requisitions and purchase orders, maintaining appropriate inventory levels in accordance with hospital procedures, and maintains control of supplies and equipment for all hospital departments. This position will also assist Maintenance Manager with maintanence tasks and projects.
Monday - Friday
1st Day Benefits
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of hospital supply and purchasing management preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 1000 Physicians Way, Franklin 37067
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2127497
Contact Name - External: Dawn McMaster
Contact Email - External: Dawn.Mcmaster@encompasshealth.com