The Support Services Technician II performs a variety of clerical duties associated with supply management, communications and admissions support. As part of the varied duties, this position complies and inputs statistical information into appropriate hospital systems, maintains appropriate inventory in accordance with hospital procedures, and helps support other hospital departments by taking on clerical or general office related responsibilities as directed. The Support Services Technician II also performs a variety of direct patient care activities including: assisting and accompanying all patients who are transferred to and from the facility via the facility van. This position provides direct patient care to pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
Job Code: 100921
License or Certification:
- Valid Drivers' License for the heaviest class vehicle to be driven.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to use computer systems and complete data entry assignments preferred.
- 10-key data entry method preferred.
- Must be 25 years of age.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Ability to analyze complex or diverse information.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and develop alternative solutions.
- Ability to manage and complete projects on time and budget.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to think critically and improve and promote quality.
- Ability to understand business implications of decisions; as needed to align work with strategic goals.
- Ability to manage competing demands as needed to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to act with professionalism as needed to approach others in a tactful manner and accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 2050 Versailles Road, Lexington 40504
Job ID: 2127611