The Patient Account Manager I assists the Business Office Manager, Central Business Office Manager and/or Assistant CBO Director with training and guidance for all billing, cash handling, collections, financial counseling and bad debt functions. The position may supervise the following functional areas: an AR team of four to six hospitals (depending on hospital volume), a Cash Handling team (consisting of a subgroup of the overall CBO Cash team), Financial Counselors and Bad Debt Review, or a Billing team (consisting of a subgroup of the overall CBO Billing team). The Patient Account Manager I position handles a smaller subgroup of assigned hospitals than does the Patient Account Manager II position. This position ensures all policies, procedures, and business office functions are performed in an efficient and professional manner consistent with applicable regulatory requirements. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training are part of the new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
- Benefits start day one
- Introductory training period
- Internal growth and advancement
- All employees must reside within 100-mile radius of our new location at 16680 Balance Cove, Land O’ Lakes, FL 34638.
- After successful completion of onsite training, a Hybrid work schedule is available (mixture of home and office working) based on business needs. For example, this position must be onsite for a minimum of 3 days per week, to conduct or attend periodic trainings, meetings and team building activities as needed.
- Flexibility of schedule based on position, team assignment and training.
- Available schedules are Monday thru Friday:
- 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- 9:30 am to 6:00 pm
Job Code: 100957
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High School degree or GED required.
- One year Encompass Health business office experience or two years related healthcare business office and/or financial experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word and Excel is required.
- Understanding of UB, 1500 claim forms, CPT codes, HCPC codes and ICD9/10 codes.
- Third Party Payor knowledge including Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance products.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 10 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 16880 Balance Cove, Land O' Lakes 34638
Job ID: 2127618