Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Cumming
The Nutrition Services Manager plans, directs and coordinates the activities of the Nutrition Services Department to provide nutritional services to patients as well as employees and guests. The position establishes policies and procedures to provide administrative direction for cafeteria management, food preparation, distribution, service, budgeting, purchasing, sanitation standards, safety practices, staffing and staff development. In addition, the Manager may assist Dietitian with nutrition assessments if qualified. The Nutrition Services Manager creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Manages Departmental budget as it relates to position.
- Performs and documents all purchasing, receiving, and inventory control of food and supplies.
- Maintains proper sanitation, temperature, and food handling techniques to comply with regulations.
- Determines quality, quantity and portion size of food required and ensures proper handling of food.
- Defines job duties for nutrition services employees and interviews applicants for employment.
― Evaluates employees on a regular basis according to prescribed guidelines.
- Performs any and all duties in the department, as required.
- Checks routine maintenance and requests work orders, as necessary.
- Ensures adequate staffing and management of the department's employees.
- Ensures production for both patient meals and cafeteria line are properly coordinated.
- Develop cafeteria menu, on an as needed basis.
- Ensures proper handling of cash/tickets and cash/ticket reports.
- Coordinates dietetic services with other departments.
- Purchases food, assists with and assigns duties for special needs or special occasions.
- Ensures that in-service education meetings are held and courses are completed as required.
- Ensures maintenance and availability of all regulatory manuals within the Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
- CDM or Dietetic Technician registration with ADA if required by State or other regulatory agency.
- Current member of ADA if required by State or other regulatory agency.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Graduate of an associate degree program in food service, preferred. Must have thorough knowledge of nutrition and dietetics, administration and operation of hospital food services, and knowledge of all H.A.C.C.P. guidelines, preferred.
- Three years food service supervisory experience, preferably in healthcare
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and retrieve approximately 100% of the time.
- Ability to safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 150 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 300 pounds per cart.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above the head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- Wet surfaces and sharp objects and high noise levels possible
- Hot and cold temperatures extremes
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 1165 Sanders Road, Cumming 30041
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2128793