Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health
Encompass Health is the nationwide leader in rehabilitation services; we operate rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient clinics, and home health and hospice services in 42 states and Puerto Rico.
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health, is a 110 bed acute physical rehab hospital in Worcester, MA employing staff dedicated to the rapid recovery of patients who have experienced a significant medical event such as stroke, head injury, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma, cardiac issues, requiring short term hospital level medical care.
The Human Resources Coordinator, under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, provides administrative and operational support to the human resources function of over 330 hospital employees to include, but not limited to, requisition and recruitment administration, prescreening/credentialing, onboarding/off boarding, new hire orientation, HRIS/payroll/benefits administration, , employee referral and recognition programs, employee leave/worker's compensation and policy administration. This position is focused on primarily transactional/operational, as opposed to strategic, human resource functions.
The Human Resources Coordinator is the front line for responding to inquiries and providing customer service to internal and external stakeholders while elevating more complex or serious issues to the HR Director. The HR Coordinator will assist with special HR projects and may serve as a project coordinator, i.e. assisting in preparing presentations, reports, compliance and Joint Commission survey preparedness activities.
Education and Training
- BA or BS degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SHRM Certified Professional (CP) preferred. Experience may substitute for four-year degree on a year for year basis.
- Minimum of 3 years of Human Resource experience to include positions of increased responsibility - HRIS, benefits, talent management/recruitment, prescreening, credentialing and onboarding required, preferably in a healthcare or large manufacturing/hospitality setting.
- The ability to keep employee information confidential
- Outstanding oral, written and active listening communication skills, including but not limited to the ability to independently prepare and process information, write communications, reports, newsletter articles, etc.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to successfully prepare and present information to both large and small groups and individuals at all levels/functions both within and outside the organization, including but not limited to new hires, representatives from colleges/technical schools, vendors/partners, etc.
- Excellent planning, organizational and implementation skills, writing standard operating procedures, workflows, attention to detail/accuracy, and the ability to administer, process employee data/information/transactions in a timely and effective manner while protecting and maintaining the highest level of judgement, discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, applicant tracking and internet resource skills required.
- Proficiency with ATS/Candidate Management Software (preferably Taleo), HRIS (preferably PeopleSoft), LMS (preferably Talent Works), Time & Attendance, Employee Referral and Recognition administration.
Job Code: 100177
License or Certification:
- None. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SPHR certification preferred.
Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- BA or BS degree in Personnel Administration, Hospital Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred. Experience may substitute for four year degree on a year for year basis.
- One to three years of Human Resources experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Computer knowledge in Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2129006