Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona is an 80-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital that provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. We offer a wide base of physical rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary, cardiac rehabilitation needs and more.
We have the second largest outpatient program for Encompass Health in Pennsylvania. We have outpatient clinics in Altoona, Duncansville, Tyrone and Bedford. Our clinics provide physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy in a team-based environment.
Our inpatient hospital has a full complement of therapists, nurses, behavioral health providers and medical staff to offer the best possible outcomes for our patients. With an average length of stay of approximately 2 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families.
We are proud of the fact that approximately 80% of the inpatients admitted to Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona are discharged directly to their homes, many of which return for outpatient services to one of our clinics.
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- everyday. Maybe you can too!
Six JCAHO disease specific certification: Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, Brain Injury, Cardiac and Ortho Rehab, Advanced Diabetes.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at www.encompasshealth.com/altoonarehab
- Current State License in Respiratory Therapy.
- CPR certification
- ACLS certification preferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- 2 years hospital experience in Respiratory Therapy preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 2005 Valley View Blvd, Altoona 16602
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2129017
Contact Name - External: Christine Filer
Contact Email - External: Christine.Filer@encompasshealth.com