As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and homebased patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
Under general guidance, the Sr. HR System Implementation Consultant will perform duties with broad latitude for judgment. The person in this role is responsible for the on-schedule, on-budget execution of multiple and complex HR projects. In concert with the IT Project Manager, business owners and third-party vendor(s), this role will propose solutions to meet business needs related to the implementation and enhancement of the HRIS and ancillary systems. This incumbent will determine project schedules, manage project deadlines, direct requirements, design and UAT phases of implementations and provide status update reports. They will create requirements documents, Visio workflow design documents and maintain standard operating procedure documents related to systems. The Sr. HR System Implementation Consultant will also plan user acceptance testing and write implementation test scenarios and test scripts, ensuring that test scripts capture all documented requirements for execution by end users and other members of the HRIS team. This role will also assist with testing and troubleshooting as needed.
This role may also serve in a supervisory capacity.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Collaborates across all pillars of HR and effectively communicate broader operations aspects to help influence decisions across HR departments for systems being implemented.
- Proposes solutions to meet business needs related to the implementation and enhancement of the HRIS and ancillary systems.
- Collaborates with IT Project Managers, business owners and third-party vendor(s).
- Oversees the on-schedule, on-budget execution of multiple and complex HR projects.
- Determines project schedules.
- Manages project deadlines, direct requirements, design and UAT phases of implementations.
- Provides status update reports.
- Creates requirements documents, Visio workflows, and standard operating procedure documents related to systems.
- Plans user acceptance testing and writes implementation test scenarios and test scripts.
- Ensures test scripts capture documented requirements by end users and other members of the HRIS team.
- Identifies and manages timely and effective resolution of any issues that surface.
- Conducts lessons learned at the end of each implementation phase for continuous improvement purposes.
- Focuses on improving process, content, tools, technology, and systems experiences
- Assists with testing and troubleshooting.
- Serves in a supervisory capacity as needed.
License or Certification:
- Desired certifications include Peoplesoft HCM 9.x; PeopleTools 8.54 PeopleSoft Application Engine; PeopleSoft Component Interface; PeopleSoft Query and Reporting Tools; Crystal Report; PeopleSoft SQR; PL/SQL
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum 7 years of related experience in an HRIS project management role with broad HRIS skills; or equivalent combination of education and experience with demonstrated success in implementation of new systems through full project lifecycle.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with PeopleSoft 8.0 or higher; experience on 9.2 preferred.
- Experience with PeopleCode and SQR/SQL.
- Strong Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Exposure to HR/IT Governance or other IT Management toolsets and packages.
- Project planning and scheduling experience with the Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI) is highly recommended.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Experience analyzing, classifying, and documenting business requirements and functional design specifications.
- Experience with workflow analysis, business process analysis, improvement area identification and use of business modeling tools.
- Experience in designing test strategies and test plans and accomplishing test execution, including user acceptance test development and execution and test monitoring.
- Experience with security and auditing processes.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Ability to understand and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness while meeting customer needs in timely manner.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Job ID: 2129162