As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and homebased patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
The Director, Treasury is responsible for management of the company’s bank accounts, sweep functions, daily liquidity management, corporate credit cards, merchant processing and other cash management products and services. This position is responsible for forecasting corporate liquidity and determining amounts that may need to be borrowed or repaid under the company’s revolving credit facility. This person interacts with internal and external partners to ensure bank account activity is accurately updated in accounting databases.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Opens, closes and maintains all company bank accounts consistent with corporate policies. Ensures security of corporate cash.
- Oversees company’s liquidity profile; ensures sufficient funds in operating accounts, borrows as appropriate under the company’s revolving credit agreement, invests cash in money market products.
- Ensures credit related payments are made as and when due.
- Responsible for process to ensure validity of counterparty settlement instructions.
- Collaborates with the central business office, cash accounting and others to improve payment efficiency, manage fees and troubleshoot payer related issues.
- Is responsible for cash management products and services and their compliance with corporate policies and industry standards.
- Develops proposals for improvements to the company’s cash management policies and process.
- Provides reports on corporate liquidity – actual and forecasted - for management oversight and decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7+ years of financial and/or accounting work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
- Expertise in cash management products, bank account management and controls.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial statements and cash flow concepts.
- Working knowledge of finance and spreadsheet applications.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2129296