Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Colorado Springs is looking for a full-time Maintence Mechanic.
Hours: 12pm-8:30pm (including 30 minute lunch break), Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week. On-call every other week and weekend.
Wage based upon experience, the pay range for this position starts at: $20/hr
The Maintenance Mechanic maintains the physical plant and ground to ensure a safe and efficient environment of care to serve the needs of the patients, visitors and employees. This position handles preventative maintenance and repairs for a wide range of hospital equipment and utility systems, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, light construction, painting, and grounds keeping. This position will also adhere to regulatory requirements of Joint Commission and all other applicable federal, state, and local regulatory and accreditation agencies. Additional responsibilities may include security.
To learn more about us and apply, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Code: 100085
License or Certification: - Licensure in a field of specialty, such as electrical, plumbing or HVAC, preferred.
- Valid driver's license may be required.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Previous experience in the areas of preventative maintenance, equipment and systems repair, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and/or construction required.
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- Motor vehicles, outdoor equipment such as lawn mowers and snow blowers, personal protective equipment, dollies, pressure washer , hand tools, ladders, air compressors, brooms, vacuums, meters, welders, leak detection equipment, gauges, carts, knives, hose, maps, power tools, scaffolds, air powered equipment, hazardous chemicals, torches, refrigerant recovery equipment, vacuum pumps, and other HVAC/R equipment.
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a regular basis and ability to push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes lifting, pushing and/or pulling equipment, supplies and tools. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting pushing and/or pulling are undertaken that exceeds these minimum requirements - Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds. - Must demonstrate the ability to tolerate frequent position changes such as twisting, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing/pulling, and bending positions for complete shift. - Ability to work on ladders, scaffolds and be able to sit, stand and walk for momentary to extended periods of time. - Ability to safely work with hazardous materials. Compliance: - Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct. - Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable. Skills and Abilities: - Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively. - Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner. - Ability to work independently without supervision. Environmental Conditions: - Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure. - Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required. - Handicapped accessible. - May work under stressful circumstances at times. Proficiency or Productivity Standards: - Meets established attendance standards. - Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge. - May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines. - May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts. - Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster. - May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives. - May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 325 Parkside Dr., Colorado Springs 80910
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2130057